Thursday, June 5, 2008

Lets Talk Politics

This blog contains my opinions regarding the recent nomination of Barrack Obama as the Democratic candidate for President. Although I supported Hilary Clinton, I am not going to all of a sudden support the Republicans just because the candidate I supported didn't win the party's nomination. My roots are democratic, and I still support that party over the Republicans. I don't much care for the Republican party's ideals and platforms. No matter how much John McCain claims he is for change, he is not going to steer away from his party's platforms too much. If he were, he would have run as an independent and not a Republican.

The Republican party is opposed to stem cell research which I feel overall is beneficial to helping to cure us of many diseases and illnesses which are passed down genetically. I cannot stand us finding yet another war we can't win and being involved as we are in Iraq. To fight in Afghanistan in an effort to weed out the remaining Taliban and Al Qaeda terrorists is one thing, to become involved in a holy war between sects and attempt to put a political system in place in a country that has been embroiled in a holy war for centuries is not acceptable to me. Especially when it means the loss of American lives just to prove a point. All we are doing in Iraq is flexing our muscle, and to what end? Getting rid of someone like Saddam Hussein may seem noble to some, but at too high a cost as far as I am concerned.

Mr. McCain's intentions may be noble, but depending upon how far he is willing to go out on a limb, and the quality of the advisors he selects, is too big a risk for us to take. We need a person who will really push for changes sorely needed in this country, and make us less dependent on foreign oil, and bring good paying jobs back into this country. We need someone who will make this country less dependent on foreign interests, and more self sufficient and productive. Whether Barrack Obama is that person I believe only time will tell, however, I do believe that he is the better of the two candidates in that respect. All the best intentions of a John McCain is less likely in my opinion to push for any real and meaningful changes in this country.

No comments: